- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
|Use Store-bought Russian Dressing or Use The Following Recipe.|
|Russian Dressing (makes 2 Cups):|
|¼ cup||Onion, finely grated|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon Juice|
|1 Tbsp||Cider Vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Balsamic Vinegar|
|2 tsp||Worcestershire Sauce|
|1 tsp||Celery Seed|
|¾ cup||Canola Oil|
|1.5 lb||Beef Sirloin Steak, cut into strips|
|¼ tsp||Kosher Salt|
|½||Cup Onions, slivered|
|½ lb||Fresh Mushrooms, sliced|
|1 cup||Russian Dressing, home-made or store-bought|
|3 cups||Cooked Buttered Noodles or Rice|
|½||Cup Sour Cream|
|1-2 Tbsp||Chopped Fresh Parsley|
To make the Russian dressing, place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk vigorously. NOTE: this makes twice as much as needed for the recipe below.
1. Slice the beef into strips cutting across the grain
2. Toss beef with the flour, salt and pepper
3. Add 1 Tbsp of butter to a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Quickly brown the beef on all sides; about 2-3 minutes. Remove beef to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Do not discard the fat or drippings from the skillet.
4. Add to the drippings in the skillet, the onions and the mushrooms. If the skillet is dry add another tablespoon or butter and a tablespoon of water. Cook until they are soft and starting to brown; about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in 1 cup of the Russian dressing, scraping up all the little bits from the skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to simmer. Add the beef back into the skillet and any accumulated juices. Stir and simmer for about 1 minute.
6. To plate; start with a bed of cooked buttered noodles (or basmati rice), then add the Stroganoff to the center. Top with the sour cream and garnish with the fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
For best flavor do not substitute canned mushrooms. Substituting Store-bought Russian Dressing for the home-made dressing makes this a fast and easy recipe.